BITS Pilani Alumni Association India Trust
1. BITSAA India Trust is a not-for-profit organization registered in Hyderabad, India as a Public Charitable Trust. The Trust has been registered under section 12A of Indian Income Tax Act, 1961, which gives it a tax exempt status. The Trust is also an approved institution under section 80 G 5 (VI) which makes the donors eligible to claim 50% deduction , of the amounts donated to the Trust.
[Approval u/s 80G5 (VI) vide DIT(E/HYD/80G/41(08)/10-11 Dt 22.12.2010; PAN: AABTB4270A]
2. It is possible to institute Award/Scholarship/Prize/Sponsorship etc to be given under a name of your choice. For enquiries please contact the BITSAA Fund Raising Team firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
3. For a copy of the articles, bylaws and financial reports of BITSAA India Trust or for any other queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to our Registered Office.
4. Vision: Maximize the potential of BITSians and BITS Pilani
5.1. to undertake educational, scientific research, entrepreneurship and technology development and deployment activities;
5.2. to construct, run and maintain schools, colleges and education centres, coaching centres;
5.3. to provide aid in the form of Loans, Grants, Scholarships, Sponsorships to deserving students, faculty and alumni of any educational institution for the purpose of expanding the objects of the Trust;
5.4. to establish Library and Book Banks for the benefit of students, faculty and alumni of any educational institution;
5.5. to lease or purchase and maintain play grounds for the purpose of students;
5.6. to lease, purchase, construct, maintain and run hostels for the benefit of students;
5.7. to organize educational tours, seminars, conferences, competitions, exhibitions, debates for expansion of knowledge and betterment of students, faculty and alumni;
5.8. to publish literature for betterment of society;
5.9. to provide medical aid to students, faculty and alumni of any educational centers including their family members by way of meeting expenses in case of emergencies;
5.10. to promote or join other organizations to co-promote activities in furtherance of the objects of the Trust; and
5.11. to do all acts necessary and conductive to the achievement of the objects of the Trust mentioned hereinabove
The key representatives for governance of BITSAA India Trust are listed below.
Board of Trustees
Dr. Ashok Agarwal
O P Jagetiya
Shiv Kumar Tayal
Shiv Shankar Asthana
7. Address for mailing cheques / addressing queries:
Road No 10, Banjara Hills
Hyderabad – 500 034
8. Registered Office
BITSAA India Trust
9. Donations to Trust / Guidance to Donors:
9.1. Donations/Contributions may be remitted to the following Bank account of the
Account Name: BITS PILANI ALUMNI ASSOCIATION INDIA TRUST
Bank Axis Bank Ltd
6-3-879/B G Pulla Reddy Bldg;Greenlands,
Hyderabad – 500 016;Telangana (India)
Account No 008010102013929
Account Type Savings
9.2. Trust PAN No: AABTB4270A
9.3. Cheques may be deposited in any branch of Axis Bank or sent to the following address:
BITSAA India Trust
O P Jagetiya
4A, Falcon Crest,Road No 10, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad-500 034; Telangana (India)
9.4. The Trust does not have approval to accept non INR donations as of now.
9.5. Please do include your name and email in the transaction narration so that the money transfer can be tracked for issue of receipt.
9.6. Donors may also please inform through mail (to email@example.com) about the money transfers giving the transaction reference/date/amt/donor’s name and the purpose for which the donation has been made.
9.7. The Trust will issue a formal receipt if asked for. Receipt will be issued in the name of the person/institution sending the money. No receipt will be issued if cash is deposited to the Trust account, only bank instruments (cheque/DD/Net transfers, etc.) are accepted.
9.8. Donations to the Trust are eligible for deduction of 50% u/s 80G of Income Tax Act 1961as of now.