Financial Assistance for Paper Publication in Reputed Journals
– Courtesy : Class of 1966-‘71
Four grants, each worth Rs.5,000 for undergrad students and two grants worth Rs.10,000 each for post-graduate students are to be awarded for publishing papers in reputed journals.
- Students from all campuses of BITS, Pilani are eligible to apply for the grant
- The student should be enrolled in one of the BITS campuses at the time of application for the grant
Timelines & Evaluation
- The applications need to be evaluated once every semester. Two grants of Rs.5,000 for undergraduate students and 1 grant worth Rs.10,000 for post-graduate student shall be disbursed every semester.
- Application Cycle will be as follows :
|Submission Date||Evaluation by BITS|
|Evaluation by BITSAA|
|Jan 1 – Jul 31||Aug 15||Aug 30||Aug 31|
|Aug 1 – Dec 31||Jan 15||Jan 30||Jan 31|
- The candidates have to download the application form (Click Here) and submit the completed form at BITS OAA.
- Applications received by BITS shall be evaluated within the time frame after which the top 6 candidates(across all campuses) from undergraduate applicants and top 4 candidates(across all candidates) from post-graduate applicants shall be sent to BITSAA for the second round of evaluation.
- The BITS evaluation panel shall consists of two faculty members from each campus
- Mr. V V Ramanan and Mr. B C Jain, both from Class of 1971 will form the second evaluation panel for selecting the final list of winners until other evaluators are identified.
- BITSAA Awards Team ensures that the process is completed within the timelines.
- In case there is a tie between the applicants than the available disbursal amount, grants will be awarded to applicants with the most financial need.
- If the money allocated for a semester is not used completely, the unused money can be allocated to give financial assistance to more students in the immediate next semester.
- If there are no applications for a year, the money can be diverted to give financial assistance towards registration fee for participation in National/International Conferences in the next academic year
- BITS shall do the publicity about the availability of financial assistance in all campuses and encourage promising students to apply.
- Bio-data of the winners shall be published in the BITSAA website and shall be notified to the donors, representatives of Class of 1966-71.
Winners - Sem I - 2012 - '13
Swaraj Raman - 2011H123139P
Swaraj is currently interning
at Intel Labs as part of completing his Masters in Microelectronics Engineering
at BITS-Pilani, Pilani campus. He has eternal interest in the field of VLSI and
IC Design. RTL level design of digital modules, Image and Sound processing on
FPGA and Reversible Computing constitute the themes of his major projects and
research. Two of his research papers titled "A novel labeling algorithm for
object counting” and "Reversible Implementation of Novel Multiply Accumulate
(MAC) Unit” have been published in IEEE. His work on Image Processing has brought
him appreciation from Honeywell and recognition from Digilent Inc. His other
interests include playing football, reading, swimming and occasional poetry. He
aspires to be a technocrat in the field of VLSI and be a valuable asset to the
organisation he is associated with.
"This recognition from BITSAA could not
have come at a better time than now when I am setting my first step on a
professional career path as it encourages me to move forward in achieving my
career goal. While I personally appreciate this financial gesture from BITSAA,
I am more delighted that it acts as a catalyst for me to carry out more such
research work and participate in more international events." ~ Swaraj Raman
Priyans Murarka - 2010A8PS310G
Priyans is currently a third year undergraduate student at BITS Pilani K K
Birla Goa campus pursuing B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation. He is
currently working in the emerging fields of wireless sensor networks,
ubiquitous computing and pervasive networks. His aim is to pursue
research in these fields in the future and be an integral part of
cutting edge innovation. Some of his credentials include executing
research projects as an undergraduate student and writing technical
papers for peer-reviewed conferences like IEEE INDICON 2011 and iThings -
2012, France. In addition to research papers, he along with his fellow
researchers is in the process of filing a patent at Indian Patent
Siddhartha Gupta - 2009B4A7516G
Siddharth is a 4th year undergraduate student pursuing
M.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics & B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science at BITS, Pilani - K
K Birla Goa Campus. He is very much interested in Graph Theory and Design &
Analysis of Algorithms. He has done two projects in the field of Graph &
Algorithms. He also did a summer internship on "Coloring of Graphs"
in IISc,Bangalore under the guidance of Dr. L. Sunil Chandran after his 3rd
year. Currently he is working on "Characterization of Graph on the basis
of Magic Labeling" under the guidance of Dr. Tarkeshwar Singh. He is
looking forward to pursue PhD in the field of Graph & Algorithms. His
main inspirations are his father and his brother. In the free time, he likes to
watch movies, listen to songs and play cricket.
Past Winners' Profiles