Financial Assistance for Paper Publication in Reputed Journals
– Courtesy : Class of 1966-‘71
Four grants, each worth Rs.5,000 for undergrad students and two grants worth Rs.10,000 each for post-graduate students are to be awarded for publishing papers in reputed journals.
- Students from Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses are eligible to apply for the grant
- The student should be enrolled in one of the BITS campuses at the time of application for the grant
Timelines & Evaluation
- The applications need to be evaluated once every academic year. Four grants of Rs.5,000 for undergraduate students and two grant worth Rs.10,000 for post-graduate student shall be disbursed every year.
- Application Cycle will be as follows :
||Evaluation by BITS
|Evaluation by BITSAA
|Sept 1 – Jul 31
- The candidates have to download the application form (Click Here) and submit the completed form at BITS OAA. Students from each campus should mail their application forms along with a copy of the paper to the faculty in-charge at their respective campus:
- Pilani - Prof. Hari Om Bansal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Goa - Prof. Veeky Baths (email@example.com)
- Hyderabad - Prof. P N K Rao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applications received by BITS shall be evaluated within the time frame after which the top 8 candidates(across all campuses) from undergraduate applicants and top 6 candidates(across all candidates) from post-graduate applicants shall be sent to BITSAA for the second round of evaluation.
- The BITS evaluation panel shall consists of two faculty members from each campus
- Mr. V V Ramanan and Mr. B C Jain, both from Class of 1971 will form the second evaluation panel for selecting the final list of winners until other evaluators are identified.
- BITSAA Awards Team ensures that the process is completed within the timelines.
- In case there is a tie between the applicants than the available disbursal amount, grants will be awarded to applicants with the most financial need.
- If the money allocated for a year is not used completely, the unused money can be allocated to give financial assistance to more students in the immediate next academic year.
- If there are no applications for a year, the money can be diverted to give financial assistance towards registration fee for participation in National/International Conferences in the next academic year
- Any incomplete application will not be considered for Scholarship
- BITS shall do the publicity about the availability of financial assistance in all campuses and encourage promising students to apply.
- Bio-data of the winners shall be published in the BITSAA website and shall be notified to the donors, representatives of Class of 1966-71.
Winners - Sem I - 2013 - '14
Bhavesh Pandey - 2010A3PS090G
Bhavesh Pandey is currently a fourth year undergraduate student in department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at BITS Pilani K.K. Birla Goa Campus. His interest includes Embedded Systems and VLSI design. Guided by Dr. Anita Agrawal, he published a paper titled "Automatic Sun Tracking System using PSoC” in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET). Did the same work on FPGA and revised the paper and presented it in International Conference on Electronics Engineering and Grid System (ICEEGS), Bangkok. He also simulated an efficient 3-Dimensional FinFET in Silvaco’s TCAD Simulator. He worked on the same simulator to design an Organic Light Emitting Diode at IIT Indore. He aims to pursue his career in field of automation. Currently he is working on an Intelligent Security System and Smart House Concept.
"This scholarship from BITSAA will bolster my enthusiasm to carry out more researches and continue my higher studies in correct direction. BITSAA always encourages students with these scholarships and this will help in ameliorating the technical impact of BITS worldwide. Student in BITS will now try to work hard on their projects when they know that they will be rewarded for their efforts." – Bhavesh Pandey
Harshavardhan Pandit - 2010A3PS003G
Harshavardhan Pandit is currently a fourth year undergraduate student at BITS Pilani K. K. Birla Goa Campus pursuing B.E (Hons) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. His primary field of interest is embedded systems and a paper on the same was accepted at the International Conference on Digital Image Processing (ICDIP), Beijing, China 2013. He has a research thesis lined up for next semester at ETH Zurich, Switzerland focused on programming embedded multi-core systems. He was recently awarded the DAAD WISE scholarship to pursue a summer internship at TU Braunschweig, Germany. The project there involved the implementation of an adapter that connects an AMBA bus with a sophisticated network on chip. Harshavardhan aspires to pursue research in these fields and contribute to the society to the best of his abilities.
"This scholarship awarded by BITSAA is a big moral boost for me as it recognizes my efforts. I look at it as a milestone achieved and will certainly add to my credentials. This encouragement will be useful for me to focus more on research at an international level." – Harshavardhan Pandit
Rameez Raza - 2012H123128P
Rameez Raza is doing Masters in Microelectronics Engineering at BITS-Pilani, Pilani campus and is currently in third semester of his course. He has keen interest in the field of VLSI and IC Design which is evident from the projects undertaken by him during his academic curriculum. He has done projects on RTL level design of digital modules, RC Compilation and SOC encounter of digital design and also design Op amp as a part of Analog IC Design. His major project is based on the Optimization of energy and delay in digital circuits, one of his research paper titled "Convex Optimization of Energy and Delay Using Logical Effort Method in Deep Sub-micron Technology” have been published in Springer Publication which he presented in International Symposium on VLSI Design and Test-2013 and brought appreciation from the jury panel. His other interests include playing cricket, football and table tennis and reading. He aspires to be a technocrat in the field of VLSI and be a valuable asset to the organization he is associated with.
"This recognition from BITSAA for my work shows how much our alumni are associated with us and much they care for our future. This encourages me to work more in the field of research and also encourage others to do participate in international events. This reward comes just at the right time of my career when I am moving from college life to professional life and it encourages me to move forward at a greater pace in achieving my career goal. While I personally appreciate this financial gesture from BITSAA, I am more delighted that this will provide an impulse for me to carry out more such research work and participate in more international events." – Rameez Raza
Winners - Sem I - 2012 - '13
Swaraj Raman - 2011H123139P
Swaraj is currently interning
at Intel Labs as part of completing his Masters in Microelectronics Engineering
at BITS-Pilani, Pilani campus. He has eternal interest in the field of VLSI and
IC Design. RTL level design of digital modules, Image and Sound processing on
FPGA and Reversible Computing constitute the themes of his major projects and
research. Two of his research papers titled "A novel labeling algorithm for
object counting” and "Reversible Implementation of Novel Multiply Accumulate
(MAC) Unit” have been published in IEEE. His work on Image Processing has brought
him appreciation from Honeywell and recognition from Digilent Inc. His other
interests include playing football, reading, swimming and occasional poetry. He
aspires to be a technocrat in the field of VLSI and be a valuable asset to the
organisation he is associated with.
"This recognition from BITSAA could not
have come at a better time than now when I am setting my first step on a
professional career path as it encourages me to move forward in achieving my
career goal. While I personally appreciate this financial gesture from BITSAA,
I am more delighted that it acts as a catalyst for me to carry out more such
research work and participate in more international events." ~ Swaraj Raman
Priyans Murarka - 2010A8PS310G
Priyans is currently a third year undergraduate student at BITS Pilani K K
Birla Goa campus pursuing B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation. He is
currently working in the emerging fields of wireless sensor networks,
ubiquitous computing and pervasive networks. His aim is to pursue
research in these fields in the future and be an integral part of
cutting edge innovation. Some of his credentials include executing
research projects as an undergraduate student and writing technical
papers for peer-reviewed conferences like IEEE INDICON 2011 and iThings -
2012, France. In addition to research papers, he along with his fellow
researchers is in the process of filing a patent at Indian Patent
Siddhartha Gupta - 2009B4A7516G
Siddharth is a 4th year undergraduate student pursuing
M.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics & B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science at BITS, Pilani - K
K Birla Goa Campus. He is very much interested in Graph Theory and Design &
Analysis of Algorithms. He has done two projects in the field of Graph &
Algorithms. He also did a summer internship on "Coloring of Graphs"
in IISc,Bangalore under the guidance of Dr. L. Sunil Chandran after his 3rd
year. Currently he is working on "Characterization of Graph on the basis
of Magic Labeling" under the guidance of Dr. Tarkeshwar Singh. He is
looking forward to pursue PhD in the field of Graph & Algorithms. His
main inspirations are his father and his brother. In the free time, he likes to
watch movies, listen to songs and play cricket.
Past Winners' Profiles