Shashi Kishore Research Excellence Award
‘Awarded to an individual/team who/that demonstrates excellence in research in the field of Economics’
Shashi Kishore Research Excellence Award is aimed at promoting research in the field of Economics. Ankur Kumar, the winner of 30U30 Awards, 2012 (’06B3A7G, M.Sc. (Hons.) Economics & B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science Engineering) instituted the award in name of his parents – Mrs. Shashi Prabha (Mother) and Mr. Kishore Sah (Father) to honor students who demonstrate excellence in research as part of academic research or independently in the field of Economics. Mr. Sah currently works as a Deputy Regional Manager with Central Bank of India and Mrs. Prabha is a homemaker.
1. The award is open to all students in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses who have enrolled into M.Sc. (Hons.) Economics either as First degree or as Dual degree
2. First year students are not eligible to apply
3. The submissions can be by an individual or a team.
4. If an application is submitted on behalf of a team, the award will be given to the team. If the work is carried out by at least 2 BITSians, the application has to be submitted on behalf of the team
5. Project or thesis work, PS2 work can be submitted for evaluation in which case the co-workers of the research could be a faculty mentor or experts in the industry
6. The applicants should have a minimum CGPA of 6.5 at the time of application
7. If a student submits an application in any academic year and does not get selected for the award, he/she could submit the same work again (same work can be submitted upto two times during his tenure at BITS) in the next year.
8. A student can win the award only once during his/her tenure at BITS.
Applications submission – Jan 1 - July 31, 2013
Evaluation – Aug 1 – Sep 25, 2013
Result Declaration – Sep 30, 2013
Click here to apply.
1. A faculty judging panel comprising HOD of Economics Dept or his/her nominee from the respective campus and Mr. Ankur Kumar will be the jury for the award
2. The judging will be based on several parameters such as originality of work, scope, feasibility of implementation in case it’s a model, scale of implementation if initiated/completed, social impact, presentation/publication in various conferences/journals etc.
3. An award of Rs.10,000 will be given to the winning individual or team as per the panel’s decision. The prize money will be revised as and when deemed suitable by the donor.
Managing the Award
1. The decisions made by judges shall be final and binding
2. The award will be conducted for atleast 10 years starting from the academic year 2012-’13.
3. BITS Pilani will publicize the award internally as well as calling for nominations with the help of BITSAA International
4. BITSAA International shall publish the details of the award winner(s) on the website and inform the donor about the same
5. BITSAA will send e-certificate to the winner of the award and arrange for other logistics regarding fund transfer.
Thanks and Regards