After Jan 2013, BITS Connect 2.0 will bridge the geographical distance across the 4 BITS Campuses and the knowledge centers worldwide. How will the project benefit its stakeholders ? Read on to know how BITS Connect 2.0 will bridge the gaps across campuses.
If you are on campus you enjoy ..
- Remote Meetings: Faculty and administrative staff can be more productive, and cost-effective with TelePresence.
- Remote Teaching: A specialized elective can now be offered to students in all 4 campuses by the professor residing in any one of the campus, by an alumnus or domain expert off campus.
- Web Conferencing: Faculty and students can collaborate on research work via a web conference ( audio, video and content sharing) Academicians from across the world will be able to collaborate with and mentor research labs in BITS.
- Embryo 2.0: Alumni like Vivek Paul, Baba Kalyani Dinesh Ramanathan or a luminary like Hon. APJ Abdul Kalam can remotely interact with all the 4 campuses.
- Online Publication of Course Content: Courses can be streamed similar to MIT OpenCourseWare.
- Industry Relations and Recruitment: A BITSian manager whether in Adobe India or Microsoft Seattle will be able to recruit students from all 4 campuses with no travel costs.
Web Collaboration for research projects
You don’t have to miss any more BITSAA meets ..
Silver Jubilee reunions, batch meet-ups, Chapter meet-ups - With BITS Connect 2.0, there is no reason to miss a chance to catch up with your BITSian friends. The technology will serve as a powerful networking tool for BITSians.
A better BITS brand means a better You..
We joined our hands for BITS Connect 1.0 a decade back; and it is time again - BITS Connect 2.0 will be a giant step for BITS, Pilani in the direction of becoming a world-class university.
BITS Connect 2.0 Team