Gagan Chadha Memorial Award for Entrepreneurship
We are delighted to inform you that the submissions for the Gagan Chadha Memorial Award for Entrepreneurship are now open. We are looking forward toparticipation from all those energetic BITSian entrepreneurs out there!
The vision of the Gagan Chadha ('94) award is to encourage and honor the BITS Pilani tradition of innovation, non-conformism and risk taking to build high impact organizations.
22nd March 2013 marked a very tragic day for the BITSian community when it lost a remarkable individual, Gagan Chadha ('94). Gagan co-founded Value First and played a multifaceted role in growing the organization to become highly successful in the mobile VAS space. A truly passionate BITSian and an active member of the BITS Spark initiative, Gagan mentored a lot of young entrepreneurs and actively invested in young BITSian companies. The Gagan Chadha memorial award for entrepreneurship is awarded for recognizing and honoring young business leaders who have shown outstanding performance and leadership in developing successful business ideas.
Jointly awarded by BITS Spark and ValueFirst, the award aims to create a platform to encourage innovation and growth in entrepreneurship. The winners will be awarded a cash prize of 7,50,000 INR to recognize achievement, encourage the organization to extend their impact and target long-term financial and operational sustainability.
- The Entreprenuer must be a BITS Pilani alumni (or current student)
- The startup should be registered, in India or abroad, less than 4 years from the last date of application
- The entrepreneur applicant should not be more than 35 years of age as on31.12.2013
The award will be presented at the BITSAA Global Meet 2014 at Hyderabad.
The Judging Panel for the award includes:
S.P.Kothari - Gordon Y Billard Professor, Sloan School of Management,MIT
Vishwadeep Bajaj - Chairman and MD, ValueFirst
Anupendra Sharma - Partner, Siemens Venture Capital, USA
Abhinav Kushraj - Entrepreneur, Co-founder of BITS Spark
Phanindra Sama - Co-founder and CEO, RedBus
Not eligible for the award but still passionate about entrepreneurship, mentoring budding entrepreneurs and a long term association with BITSAA and BITS Spark?
Register forBGMand be part of the following:
- Prominent entrepreneur keynote: Vijay Chandru (Strand Lifesciences)
- BITS Spark - overview + investment session: Prominent angel investors and BITS Spark companies will be present
- Panel - how to make BITS Pilani a top 3 institute for entrepreneurship in Asia: Panelists include Preetish Nijhawan (co-founder, Akamai, now running cerwin ventures)
- Startup workshop - select 5 of them, lecture on how to design pitch, they work on their pitch, pick a leader to do 7 min pitch
- Mentoring workshop
and much more ...
BITS Spark Team