Announcing the BITSAA International Awards 2014
It is that time of the year again - the occasion to recognize the excellent work done by BITSAA International volunteers from around the world. What better way to top up the BITSians’ day cheer than with the annual BITSAA Awards? So here we are, with BITSAA Awards 2014.
This year, the BITSAA International members were recognized for their high quality work in the below categories:
- Most Successful Team- Given to the team(s) that has shown remarkable commitment, excellent execution beyond the listed goals, and credible collaboration across teams. All BITSAA teams are eligible to be nominated in this category.
- Exceptional Leadership- Given to the individual(s) who has proven to be an exceptional leader with proven integrity, interpersonal skills, goal setting for team, and carrying the team along with him/her. This category is intended for Managers and above, but exceptions will be made if there is sufficient justification.
- Outstanding Volunteerism- Given to the individual(s) who put in efforts outside of his stated project tasks, has excellent communication skills, and is result driven. This category is open to all Volunteers and Team leaders.
- Promising Newcomer- Given to the individual(s) who joined BITSAA recently, but proved to be an invaluable resource to the team, and the organization, through his/her dedication, leadership, and commitment. As the name suggests, this is open to any leader who is a newcomer.
- Executional Excellence: Given to the individual(s) who have been an excellent team player and been consistent with delivering goal results in a timely manner. This category is open to all Volunteers and Team Leaders.
In an organization the size of BITSAA International, it is not easy to narrow down the list of recipients for the BITSAA Awards, but choices we did make. We received a total 19 nominations across all the categories, of which 15 have been selected for the various awards, including most successful team.
I am happy to now announce that winners of BITSAA Awards 2014 have been finalized. Mentioned below are the number of winners under each category.
- Most Successful Team - Awarded to 2 teams
- Exceptional Leadership - Awarded to 3 BITSians
- Outstanding Volunteerism - Awarded to 4 BITSians
- Outstanding Newcomer - Awarded to 1 BITSian
- Executional Excellence - Awarded to 5 BITSians
So who are the winners? For that, you will have to read the next newsletter which will be published in a week's time! In the meantime, here are some clues - commendations we received for some of the winners - in case you want to guess. :)
- "..Set Social Media records for BITSians' day 2013...”
- "Perfect Succession Planning"
- "he would be a great asset to the organization down the road"
- "...a very enthusiastic person, always keen to take up more tasks."
- "Amazing commitment...Super responsive"
- "...I have not found a more committed guy than him"
- "...has taken complete charge..."
- "Outstanding contribution and dogged perseverance to operationalize a vision even during trying personal times..."
- "...successful management of old and new initiatives"
Congratulations in advance to all the winners!! You add even more meaning to "BITS Pilani, Need I say more!” a phrase that remains on my favorite tee from BITS days.
Albert Einstein said,
"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
I hope each and every one of us BITSians will likewise draw from our imaginations to take the individual and our alma mater to great heights!
People Strategy, BITSAA International