Announcing the BITSAA International Award for Executional Excellence and Outstanding Newcomer
These past few weeks, through different categories of BITSAA International Awards 2014, we have announced to you our own way of appreciating and showcasing the exceptional work put forward by our volunteers. We have applauded winners of the Most Successful Team, Exceptional Leadership and Outstanding Volunteer categories. In this final edition of the Awards series of newsletters, we bring to you two more categories - Outstanding Newcomer and Executional Excellence.
Every year we bring onboard several new volunteers. A lot of them put in good work; some of them fall by; some of them put in a lot more than they were expected to and truly outshine everyone else. The Outstanding Newcomer category recognizes such individuals. Awards in this category are given to the individual(s) who joined BITSAA recently, but proved to be an invaluable resource to their team, and the organisation, through his/her dedication, leadership, and commitment. As the name suggests, this is open to any leader who is a newcomer.
There are some folks who are born to execute. Such individuals are invaluable in a vast, virtual and volunteering organization like ours. The Executional Excellence awards are given to these individual(s) who have been excellent team players and been consistent with delivering goal results in a timely manner. This category is open to all Volunteers and Team Leaders.
And now we announce the winners of the Outstanding Newcomer and Executional Excellence categories.
- Priyatham Dharmana, Marketing & Communications; "...he is the sole reason that the Annual report 2012 went out...What he did in the next 10 days was beyond his call of duty...I have not found a more committed guy than him"
- Surbhi Singh, Scholarships; "...has taken complete charge...she has put in a lot of effort in the streamlining the processes and engaging with the donors"
- Susheel Tatineni, Career Center; "Outstanding contribution and dogged perseverance to operationalize a vision even during trying personal times...Working with tremendous professional mannerism within deadlines"
- Bharati Makhijani, Marketing & Communications; "Long term planner... Seamlessly communicates with all teams...Has always honored the deadline"
- Rekha Somasundaram, Fundraising; "Exceptional revival and management of e-store...She is available when the team needs her. She is candid with her advice. She is soft spoken but confident at the same time. She is a veteran of the team who knows the most details and is operationally efficient"
- Varsha Rajshekar, BITS2MSPHD; "Smooth transition and takeover of BITS2MSPHD group...successful management of old and new initiatives...has been instrumental in taking BITS2MSPhD to new heights. Her openness to new ideas has encouraged the team members to come up with innovative initiatives. Varsha's always stressed on the flat hierarchical model of working in the team and as a result there is a great camaraderie in the team. This mutual trust and bonding among teammates has allowed us to think, plan and execute some of the successful initiatives which we've carried out in the past year"
Congratulations to Priyatham, Surbhi, Susheel, Bharati, Rekha, and Varsha! Your contributions in 2013-2014 made BITSAA International a richer organization, and I hope you will continue to associate with your fellow alumni in similar ways.
We asked all the winners, across categories, on why they joined BITSAA and how the organization helped them. Here is what one of the has to say:
Why did I join BITSAA International?:
"Getting involved in a fruitful cause, putting my time to good use like giving back to my alma mater...My love for the written word or in other words, my flair for writing....I wanted to find another leadership/ team building exercise for myself."
How has BITSAA helped me ?
"Wider network, ofcourse...It has helped me grow. Gain experience in a lot of fields...Given me numerous opportunities to pen down things, something I like to do."
These words speak for themselves on why so many of us choose to be part of BITSAA International and why we love what we do!
With this we conclude this year's BITSAA International Volunteer Awards. A big thanks to everyone who helped us in the smooth and successful run of Awards 2014! For those of you who missed the previous editions, or would like to take a quick look at the winners, go here: https://bitsaa.site-ym.com/?Awards2014
People Strategy, BITSAA International