BITS has had a tradition of recognizing and commemorating its faculty, alumni & students for their achievements in academics, extra-curricula’s and contribution towards business or a societal cause. BITSAA International continues that tradition with the BITSAA Awards. It gives us immense pleasure to recognize and honour the outstanding efforts of those volunteers who keep the 40000+ BITSians spread across the globe connected with each other as well as their alma mater.
The BITSAA Awards were instituted in 2013 to recognize and commend all those who went above and beyond their call of duty to take BITSAA one step further to its vision of creating a resourceful and well networked alumni community.
This is our humble attempt to reward the exceptional amount of time, efforts and interest these people have put in. The following are categories being awarded the year 2012-2013:
- Most Successful Team- Given to the team(s) that has shown remarkable commitment, excellent execution beyond the listed goals, and credible collaboration across teams.All BITSAA teams are eligible to be nominated in this category.
- Distinguished Service to Alumni Community- Given to the individual(s) that has served the Alumni Community not just to the best of his/her ability, but over and beyond that. He/She has exhibited consistent and sustainable efforts over time, and spent considerable efforts in developing relationships and individuals for the benefit of BITSAA. This category is open to all BITSAA Intl leaders.
- Exceptional Leadership- Given to the individual(s) who has proven to be an exceptional leader with proven integrity, interpersonal skills, goal setting for team, and carrying the team along with him/her. This category is intended for Managers and above, but exceptions will be made if there is sufficient justification.
- Outstanding Volunteerism- Given to the individual(s) who put in efforts outside of his stated project tasks, has excellent communication skills, and is result driven.This category is open to all Volunteers and Team leaders
- Promising Newcomer- Given to the individual(s) who joined BITSAA recently, but proved to be an invaluable resource to the team, and the organisation, through his/her dedication, leadership, and commitment. As the name suggests, this is open to any leader who is a newcomer
The nominations under each category were rigorously reviewed by the leadership team to choose winners who have shown skyrocketing levels of enthu!. It was really tough to choose between such talent and dedication, and took us several rounds of discussions and debates!
Finally the time has come for us to open the envelopes and reveal the winners. We take great pleasure in announcing and congratulating the recipients of BITSAA Awards 2012-2013:
Winners : 2012-13 Edition
- Most Successful Team:
- Shared by Scholarships team and BITS Spark team
- Distinguished Service to Alumni Community
- Aalap Tripathi, Ex-CEO
- Kaushik Subramanian, Ex-CFO
- Exceptional Leadership
- Soumyadeep Ghosh, BITS2MSPHD
- Kaushik Balasubramanian, Marketing & Communications
- Rahul Parsani, Finance
- Hari Kishore, Scholarships
- Sherin Kurian, Scholarships
- Outstanding Volunteerism
- Hari Prasath, Alumni Membership
- Deepan Kishore, Campus Relations
- Pramod Vadlamani, People Strategy
- Anurag Jaipuriar, Scholarships
- Aakash Goel, Technology
- Chetan Bansal, Technology
- Promising Newcomer
- Sunalini Sinha, Operations
Congratulations to all the winners!! You have made BITSAA and BITS- Pilani proud.
Rest assured, such dedication and efforts will continue to take us forward by leaps and mark us on the map as one of the best alumni organizations in the world...