BITSAA-SVC is a not-for-profit company registered in the Bay Area and has been granted tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)3 of the IRS tax code.
The primary objectives and purpose of BITSAA-SVC are
- To provide a forum to establish a link between the alumni, staff and students of BITS Pilani.
- To enable the alumni to initiate and actively participate in activities which would contribute to the general development of BITS Pilani, its staff and students.
- To institute prizes and scholarships, and render financial aid to deserving students of BITS, Pilani.
- To keep the alumni abreast of scientific and technological developments of importance.
- To organize and enable the networking and interaction on activities of common interest among alumni of BITS Pilani,its associated campuses, and other related activities including distance learning.
This corporation is intended to serve primarily the Alumni of BITS living or working in the Silicon Valley Chapter (SVC) area, generally defined as all California counties north of the Tehachapi Mountains, and including coastal areas to and including Santa Barbara. This corporation will assist other alumni groups in other parts of California and the remainder of the United States in forming corporations similar to this corporation.