BITSAA Support for Thesis @ Abroad
About The Scholarship
BITSAA support for Thesis is aimed to support students who wanted to pursue Thesis @ abroad.
- The maximum financial assistance provided by the BITSAA Support for Thesis @ abroad Program would usually be upto 37.5% (Max. of INR 30K) of the total travel expenses incurred by the recipient and the rest has to be raised by the student from other sources.
- Applications are accepted from second month of the new semester. For ex, if the semester starts from Aug, then applications are accepted from September
- Students who wanted to pursue in a semester, must apply in his/her previous semester. For ex, if the student wanted to pursue thesis in the semester that starts from Jan, then he should apply for support in the previous semester that starts from Aug.
- Students who wanted to pursue thesis @ Abroad, during his/her stay in the campus.
- Thesis need not be as part of their PS II
Please note: The policies and eligibility criteria may change at the discretion of BITSAA.
Applications are accepted from Sept 2016. End Date: 31th Oct 2016
BITSAA International Application
Please complete the below form and submit
If you would like to contribute to the scholarship program, you can Donate Online . All contributions are tax-deductible, and donors will receive a receipt at year end from BITSAA.
If you would prefer to mail a check, please make it out to "BITSAA International", mention "BITSAA Graduate Application Scholarship" in the memo section and mail it to:
Attn: CFO, BITSAA International,
1560 Sunnyvale Saratoga Road,
Sunnyvale, CA 94087-4597
If you mail us a check, please don't forget to include your return address, the words "BITSAA Graduate Application Scholarship" on the check and an email address so we can mail your receipt and contact you if necessary.
To know about the BITSAA Expert Panel, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Only International travel is considered.
2) A student shall receive BITSAA support for Thesis only once during his/her tenure at BITS. This is to ensure that every student gets equal opportunity to be benefited by the scholarship program.
Can I apply for the scholarship even though I have been working for the last n years?
No. You have to be on-campus student
What documents do I need to send along with my application?
Details provided in the application form. If we need anything more, we will contact you by email.
How can I contribute? Are contributions tax-deductible? Will I get a receipt? Can I contribute online or with a check?
Please see Contribute section for answers to these, and related questions.
How are scholarship recipients selected?
Recipients will be selected by a committee that will include contributors to the scholarship fund, and members nominated by BITSAA, but will primarily consist of BITSians in senior academic/research positions. We believe they will be best qualified to determine the best candidates for the scholarships. The committee will set precise criteria every year, but students will typically be asked to provide resumes, links to any publications or reports, and answering any questions the committee may have.